Thursday, July 14, 2011

What makes a game valuable?

So I'm sitting here trying to figure out just what to do for this new blog, and how to get it going...
And my mind starts trailing off on  Of Might and Magic - Dark Messiah.
Since I literally just beat the game for about the 5th time I realized what makes a game valuable to me.
Replay value.
Replay value is by far the broadest as well as most valuable aspect of a video game. Because face it... What's worse than not even being able to finish a single player campaign? Or just as bad, you beat the game, and it sits on your shelf collecting dust for the rest of eternity, until you decide to go trade it in at your local Game Stop and oops! it's worth $3 because it came out 4 years ago.
I've gotta say that Dark Messiah is going to hold a place in my heart for a very long time... I remember being excited for it a month before release, pre-ordering on steam and having that baby downloaded to my hard drive the day of release... five years ago.
And I literally just beat the game again, and you want to know what I did?
Immediately started a new file.
Dark Messiah you need a sequel... but if you don't end up having one... I guess that's okay.. Because I know I can never get enough of Xana talking smack on Leanna while I impale a Black Guard with my Souldrinker.
Mmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment