Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Spiral Knights


For the past couple days I've been checking out this new game that released a couple weeks ago called Spiral Knights. I'll admit at first I was drawn in by the cartoony look and the fact that it was free.

After installing it I began to play and noticed right away that it reminded me of classic Zelda, kinda mixed with Bomber Man (though I don't really know where I got that portion from). Noticing Sega made the game kind of explained why it felt kind of like Phantasy Star as well. Started playing it with Slib and we were having a blast.

Dungeon crawling with our little knights while collecting money and materials to transmute new armor. It was sweet. The only draw back is that since the game is free, it costs energy in game to go into the dungeons and also to craft.  You have a Mist Energy bar that has a max value of 100, and over a period of about 22 hours will recharge completely.

The way the game makes money is through micro transactions of purchasing Crystal Energy, which is used in place of Mist Energy, once you're out.  It's really cheap, 750 Crystal Energy is only $2.49. We both decided it was worth it and after spending $5 we split 1,600 energy and jumped back into the dungeons. Seriously ran  to the bank at 2:30am so that I could deposit money into my checking account to get the energy. I was having that much fun.

Just hit tier 2 last night. Shweet.

For such a simple game, Spiral Knights is actually really fun, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for some sweet co-op arcade action.

1 comment: