Monday, August 1, 2011

So much Lolz in L4D!


So I know I already talked a little about the player made maps on Left 4 Dead 2, but I have to talk about these two that I just played.

So the first one I found on l4dmaps was Kokiri Forest. It's a replica of Kokiri Village, the forest maze, and the forest temple. It was freakin' sweet. It has a lot of the same puzzles, and even the little tunnel you crawl through to get the Kokiri sword. (It's a katana with the kokiri logo on the handle).

It has the sounds and music from the game, hearts you can pick up, rupees (that I'm pretty sure do nothing), and the puzzles are freakin' sweet. I would give this map a 5 out of 5 for sure, if I could properly rate it. The only thing that sucks is that since it's such an advanced map compared to normal L4D maps, it makes it really hard to play with two bots.  But it still has small keys and apparently a sweet boss battle. (Yeah... haven't gotten to it yet. Lame.)

The second is a Crash Bandicoot level. Thing is silly as hell and I couldn't stop laughing. Has a lot of the same sounds and music. It even has the little peaches with the appropriate slurping nom sound from the game. Overall it was pretty easy up until the very end when you're fighting a giant spinning statue with a billion health and tons of zombies just continuously attack.

It has its own little plot which obviously isn't a big deal, but the bonus prize room along with the little tiny triggers and the silliness made it awesome. I seriously want to play it again.

I don't want to give too much away, so you'll have to download them to see for yourself.
You can get both of these maps from L4D Maps just by searching for them. Happy hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment