Friday, August 12, 2011

Fantasy


What is it about fantasy that interests us so much?

For me it's not just really magic, but the swords and armor. I'm a huge fan of medieval types of weaponry and armor. The sword has always been my weapon of choice for just about everything. Especially the great sword.

I think it may be the fact that fantasy is just another alternate form of reality that most of us which was the actual reality. Who doesn't want to see a griffon? Or be a knight? Or a wizard? Pretty sure if I could walk around in plate armor with a great sword, and have a dragon for a pet... Hell I'd be set.

I wouldn't need the internet if such things existed because life would be exciting enough. I could be a blacksmith for my profession, or a royal guard. Or even a mercenary, why not?

The reason I'm mainly talking about fantasy, and not sci-fi, is because since sci-fi is typically futuristic, you wouldn't have to give anything up for it. Where as with fantasy, you give up luxuries for much less, in order to live in a renaissance fair style life with some magic thrown in.

I'd do it, and that's why fantasy style games are my favorite. I like hitting shit with swords.

No comments:

Post a Comment