Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Dragon's Nest


Since we were on the topic recently of free rpg type games, I figured I'd talk about Dragon's Nest, since it's new enough.

My brother pointed me out to this game a couple days ago, and I was a bit skeptical about it at first. Another Nexon game... Maple Story got old pretty quickly, and I'm kind of over the whole Korean F2P MMO deal. I tried it out anyway, because really, there's no reason not to try out a free game.

I gotta say the combat is a fresh twist. Live action. Fast paced. I'm liking it so far. I'll admit I've only done the first quest, but it was pretty sweet taking out those groups of goblins. I like the fact that there's normal attacks, special attacks, AND abilities. Lets me chain together my own combos.


Taking a look at the classes, there's class branching (which I'm a fan of), and one of them is a Swordsman. Yeah that's got me written all over it. Greatswords and gauntlets? I've got a thing for both.

I'm pretty stoked to see how this goes. So far it's pretty awesome. There's micro-transactions obviously, but from what I've read and heard they're not required to advance like Spiral Knights. Don't get me wrong, I still like Spiral Knights, but I'm not a fan of the idea of having to spend about $10 whether I farm crowns or craft the gear myself, just to get full tier 5.

I know, I know... it's a one time deal, but that's on top of buying energy so I can play for more than what seems like 20 minutes per day.

Hopefully Dragon's Nest will kick my skepticism in the nuts. So far it seems like it's going to do just that.

Click here if you want to check it out for yourself. It's pretty sweet. Wish the characters were a bit less chibi though.

No comments:

Post a Comment